SMITHVILLE LIVESTOCK SHOW DATES & EXPENSE REPORT REMINDERS
- Hey all!
We wanted to share a couple of reminders for our Smithville Show Exhibitors, since we are about 3.5 weeks away from the show! There are a few dates and a couple of tasks that will need to be completed.
As a reminder, the rulebook is available for download HERE (please note that the show and sale for all projects will take place on Saturday, April 23rd) Exhibitors and family members are responsible for knowing the rules that apply to their projects. Remember that 4-H members are representing our program at all times while at the show and should be following the Texas 4-H Code of Conduct while present at shows.
Please also note that the rulebook outlines a fine of $100 per violation for not participating in the setup and cleanup events. If you have a conflict, please get with your species superintendent(s) and your Ag Teacher(s)/County Agent ahead of time to discuss everything.
A copy of the estimated schedule is included below! Please see the rest of the information below and let us know if you have any questions!
- Sunday, April 10, 2022 - 2:00 PM Mandatory Set-up Day at the Riverbend Park Pavilion (Project Expense Sheets also due at this time)
- Saturday, April 23, 2022 - Show Day!
- Sunday, April 24, 2022 - 2:00 PM Mandatory Clean-up Day at Riverbend Park Pavilion
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - Exhibitor Thank You Notes should be received by the Show Committee
PROJECT EXPENSE REPORTS:
- All exhibitors must turn in a project expense sheet for EACH of their projects they will be showing
- These sheets need to be turned in to either your 4-H Agent (Mellanie Mickelson) or your Ag Teacher (Brad Bass or Rebecca Walla)
- These are due on or before the Stock Show Set Up day, Sunday, April 10, 2022.
- A fillable PDF version is available for download at https://bit.ly/SmithvilleExpense
- For our new members, some items that you might include on this sheet are:
- Cost of your animal project (what you paid for it)
- Feed purchases (what type of feed, name, etc.)
- Supplement purchases (what type of supplement, name, etc.)
- New equipment purchases (water buckets, feeders, halters, lead ropes, pig whips, fencing, housing, brushes, cleaning & hair products, bedding, etc.)
- Medical Expenses (Veterinary visits, medications, hoof trimming, vaccinations, treatments, etc.)
- Show related expenses (health certificates from veterinarian, show entry fees, hotel expenses, fuel expenses, etc.)
- Cost of 4-H/FFA membership dues
- Income may potentially come from sponsored or donated items, participation in other shows such as jackpots or the Elgin Livestock Show, or the sale of equipment or projects
- If you have questions or need help with this item, please let Mellanie know as soon as possible.
- Hey all!
- Other opportunities can be found on the County Calendar – registration information should be included for each post.
- Other Contest related opportunities can be found on the Judging Card Calendar – to sign up for these opportunities, please contact Mellanie at MLMickelson@ag.tamu.edu or at 512-581-7186
That's all for now! Have a great week and let us know if you have any questions!
Mellanie L. Mickelson
Bastrop County Extension Agent – 4-H & Youth Development
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services
P.O. Box 650 | 901 Pecan Street | Bastrop, TX 78602
p: (512) 581-7186 | c: (512) 522-9174 | f: (512) 581-7187