4-H DOG PROJECT INTEREST MEETING
We wanted to let you know that we are planning on holding a short Dog Project Interest meeting at 5:30 PM at the Bastrop County Extension Office this Wednesday, November 17th. The meeting should last about 45 minutes and we are going to cover some of the participation options for the Dog Project, Ellen Carroll is going to share some of her experiences, and we'll talk about what we want to do this year!
Please let us know if you have any questions and RSVP below to let us know you're coming!
- Please RSVP online at https://bit.ly/21-22DogProject
- If you are unable to make it, but want more information on the project, it is an option to mark that on the Google Form
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE DOG PROJECT:
- January 10, 2022 - deadline for dog projects participating in Dog Shows to be validated in 4-H Online
- Mid-May 2022 - deadline for entering the Texas 4-H Dog Show (includes photography, costume contest, skillathon, etc)
- May/June 2022 - usually a few counties will put on a dog show open to those who have validated their dogs
- July 8-10, 2022 - Texas 4-H Dog Show
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THE DOG PROJECT:
- Project Website: https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/dog-care-training/
- You do NOT have to own a dog to participate in this project!
- You CAN foster a shelter dog and participate in this project!
- There are also photography and Dog Skillathon Contests offered at the Texas 4-H Dog Show that do not require you to own/foster/have a dog!
- Other opportunities can be found on the County Calendar – registration information should be included for each post.
- Other Contest related opportunities can be found on the Judging Card Calendar – to sign up for these opportunities, please contact Mellanie at MLMickelson@ag.tamu.edu or at 512-581-7186
That's all for now! Have a great week and let us know if you have any questions!
Mellanie L. Mickelson
Bastrop County Extension Agent – 4-H & Youth Development
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services
P.O. Box 650 | 901 Pecan Street | Bastrop, TX 78602
p: (512) 581-7186 | c: (512) 522-9174 | f: (512) 581-7187