INFORMATION IN THIS EMAIL BLAST (IN ORDER):
- Quick Update
- Major Livestock Validaiton Info - Fall Validations
- Local Livestock Show Updates
- Major Livestock Show Updates
We hope all of you are doing well! As we are moving into the fall and preparing for the start of the 2020-2021 Livestock Show season, we wanted to pass on some updates and information to assist you in planning for upcoming shows. The shows are currently still planning on hosting the livestock exhibition portion of their shows at this point in time. Please note that may change as we get more COVID updates from our state and local health authorities. We'll share information and updates as we receive them.
- All Details posted on our Livestock Show & Validation Page: https://counties.agrilife.org/
- Physical Validation Dates (location TBA):
- Major Heifer, Lamb, & Goat Validation: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 (starting at 5:00 PM – time slot required)
- Major Swine Validation: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 (starting at 5:00 PM – time slot required)
- If anyone has conflicts with the dates, they will need to let us know ahead of time and as soon as possible (no later than 3 weeks prior to the validation)
- Prices/Due Dates:
- $20 each early tags
- Due by 8/19/20: Early Heifer, Lamb, & Goat Tags
- Due by 9/16/20: Early Swine Tags
- $30 each late tags
- Due by 9/23/20: Late Heifer, Lamb & Goat Tags
- Due by 10/14/20: Late Swine Tags
- 2 Options to Purchase Tags:
- Bastrop Area Livestock Show: https://bastrop.agrilife.org/
- Has a website! - we are working on adding information as we receive it
- Tentative Schedule and Updated Rules have been posted
- As a reminder – be sure to look over the validation entry dates and let us know if you have any questions
- Please remember that the meeting attendance requirements have been suspended for the 2021 show; however, families are still expected to be aware of the schedule, rules, and other requirements normally communicated at the meetings.
- Elgin Livestock Show: https://www.
- Membership deadline has been moved to October 1, 2020
- All show Livestock Show and Youth Fair entries will be due by November 1, 2020
- Updated rules for ownership and validation
- The 2020 rules are currently posted; however, the updates to those rules are also noted on the website.
Below are the current updates that we have received for the Major Livestock Shows. We are expecting more updates during the first week of August after the 4-H Agents’ Conference – stay tuned for those updates. The Heart of Texas and State Fair shows have started releasing some information, so we have a couple of tentative entry deadlines included below. Those may change depending on what timeline the shows give us for entries and how soon they release their entry forms. Please click on the links below to see the updates that have been shared with us.
- Fort Worth Livestock Show Update 7/13/20
- San Angelo Livestock Show Update 7/13/20
- Houston Livestock Show Update 7/13/20
- Heart of Texas Updates 7/13/20
- Waiting for Heart Of Texas Show to post more information
- Entries DUE: Thursday, September 3, 2020 by 5 p.m. (tentatively)
- State Fair of Texas Updates 7/17/20:
- Entries DUE: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 by 5 p.m. (tentatively)
- 2020 Revised Schedule
- Updates and Information for the show this year
- Confirmed livestock shows (as of July 17, 2020):
- Market steers
- Market barrows
- Market lambs
- Market goats
- Market broilers
- Note: Revised schedule is subject to change pending additional shows and contests.
That is all we have for now for livestock – please let us know if you have any questions and have a fantastic week!
Mellanie L. Mickelson
Bastrop County Extension Agent - 4-H & Youth Development
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services
P.O. Box 650 | 901 Pecan Street | Bastrop, TX 78602
p: (512) 581-7186 | c: (512) 522-9174 | f: (512) 581-7187