We are excited to share the results for county judging for the Bastrop County 4-H Recordbooks – please see the results below! Please note that all FIRST PLACE Recordbooks will advance to District 10 Recordbook Judging in July. All Recordbooks will be available for pickup from the CEO starting tomorrow, June 23, 2020 – please call to set a time with Stacy and Ciera.
Each recordbook should have at least 2 Recordbook Scoresheets with constructive feedback in them. We suggest that you work on adjusting your recordbook forms as soon as you get the feedback so it is fresh on your mind and your book is ready for next year or the next level of judging. If you would like an Agent to help you with this, please schedule some time with them. Please let us know if you have any questions.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FIRST PLACE RECORDBOOKS ADVANCING TO DISTRICT:
- All first place Recordbooks are due back with corrections to the CEO by 12 Noon on Thursday, July 2, 2020.
- NEW THIS YEAR: The District would like 2 color copies of your recordbook to be submitted to District for judging, the details of this are included below so you are aware of the following:
- Your original recordbook in fancy cover will stay in our office
- We will be making the copies so you do not incur any expense
- You may email us your updated forms for us to print instead of bringing your recordbook to us – we just need to make sure you include a scanned copy of your original check sheet for judging
- The copies we make of your recordbook will be destroyed after judging for sanitary purposes, so the only papers you will receive back are the scoresheets
- NEW THIS YEAR: All District Recordbook entries must be entered in 4-H CONNECT (https://tx.4honline.com/) under the event “2020 District 10 Record book Judging.” Each entry will be $5. All entries must be submitted in 4-H Connect by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, June 30th and certified by the county office on Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
RECORDBOOK JUDGES WANTED:
- We will be judging recordbooks at the District Level on July 8th and July 9th in Uvalde at the Uvalde County Fairplex (215 Veterans Lane, Uvalde, TX 78801) and would like to open up the opportunity for volunteer judges. This is a GREAT way to gain some perspective in developing recordbooks!
- Unfortunately, this year we are asking for adults only. Youth will not be able to help judge due to the safety precautions being taken.
- If you are interested in helping, Please sign up on the google doc by Tuesday, June 30, 2020 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eknx4xfBJYt4znGou-Ww5xzLl8p2giWn_fATpOAII-o/edit#gid=0
Please let us know if you have any questions and have a great week!
Mellanie L. Mickelson
Bastrop County Extension Agent - 4-H & Youth Development
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services
P.O. Box 650 | 901 Pecan Street | Bastrop, TX 78602
p: (512) 581-7186 | c: (512) 522-9174 | f: (512) 581-7187
Website - https://bastrop.agrilife.org
Blog - www.bastrop4h.blogspot.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/BastropCounty4H