The following rule changes went into effect on June 17, 2020. Please note that state validation is June 23rd and ELSA validation (for non-state validated animals--excluding rabbits and poultry) will be within 7 days. Please contact ELSA President, Joe Lopez to set up a time to validate.
3. Ownership Requirements: All exhibitors must have owned and cared for their animals beginning on date of validation (state or ELSA).
4. ELSA validation: If any animal is not state validated or a registered breeding animal, they must be validated by the show. Exhibitors are required to provide proof of ownership that can be confirmed by bill of sale, proof of purchase, or by an Ag teacher or County Extension Agent (CEA). A validation will be held by ELSA officers, Superintendents, and Ag Teachers for these animals at the I.G. Janca Show Barn, specific date/time to be determined. For non-state validated animals, they will be validated within 7 days of the state validation.
- Steers: They will be ear tagged, pictures taken and tattooed for the Elgin Show.
- Heifers: They will be ear tagged, pictures taken and tattooed for the Elgin Show.
- Pigs: They will be ear tagged and pictures taken for the Elgin Show.
- Market/Breeding Lambs: They will be ear tagged and pictures taken for the Elgin Show.
- Market/Breeding Goats: They will be ear tagged and picture taken for the Elgin Show.
- (no change to rabbits or poultry)
Membership deadline has been moved to October 1, 2020 and all show Livestock Show and Youth Fair entries will be due by November 1, 2020
Updated rules will be available soon at https://www.elginlivestockshowassociation.com/livestock-show-youth-fair