2022 4-H Recordbook Training
We wanted to let you know that we are getting ready to start recordbook season! We are putting together an overview geared towards those new to recordbooks, but all are welcome to attend. Please see the information below to RSVP for the training!
For those who are experienced with recordbooks, we have included the links to resources and deadlines below. There are lots of options to work on your recordbook ahead of time and get feedback if you would like it!
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Important Dates for Recordbooks:
- June 1, 2022: Recordbooks are due to the County Extension Office by 12:00 Noon
- June 13, 2022: Recordbooks will be judged
- June 14, 2022: Recordbooks advancing to District may be picked up from the County Extension Office to make corrections (all others will be returned at banquet)
- June 30, 2022: Recordbooks are due to the County Extension Office by 12:00 Noon
- July 7, 2022: Recordbooks will be judged (Recordbooks advancing to State may be checked out from the District Office for corrections)
- July 29, 2022: All Recordbooks will be returned at Banquet
- Senior (9-12 grade) aged 4-H members who place 1st in their category at District 10 judging will advance to State
- Date for returning corrected recordbooks to State is TBA
- State Judging typically takes place during the first week of August
- Date: Monday, March 31, 2022
- Time: 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Location: Bastrop County Extension Office, 901 Pecan St, Bastrop, TX 78602
- RSVP Online at: https://bit.ly/22Recordbook
- Contact us at: Bastrop County Ext. Office: 512-581-7186 or MLMickelson@ag.tamu.edu
Opportunities for Experienced Recordbook Development:
- For our more experienced youth and families, y'all are more than welcome to participate in our general overview. We also want to let you know that you may also get feedback and direct help from us prior to judging in a few different ways:
- You can send in your recordbook via email for feedback
- You can drop off a copy of your recordbook to be reviewed
- You can come to the CEO to work on your recordbook together
- We are flexible and will work with you! Just make sure you do not wait until the last minute to get feedback - it will be hard to do so the few days before the deadline
Resources & Links:
- Bastrop County 4-H Recordbook Page - links with previous training recordings, presentations, etc.
- Texas 4-H Recordbook Page - State page with resources, forms, etc. to download
- Texas 4-H Project Pages Link
- Texas 4-H Roundup Link (has links to lots of project resources)
- Other opportunities can be found on the County Calendar – registration information should be included for each post.
- Other Contest related opportunities can be found on the Judging Card Calendar – to sign up for these opportunities, please contact Mellanie at MLMickelson@ag.tamu.edu or at 512-581-7186
That's all for now! Have a great week and let us know if you have any questions!
Mellanie L. Mickelson
Bastrop County Extension Agent – 4-H & Youth Development
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services
P.O. Box 650 | 901 Pecan Street | Bastrop, TX 78602
p: (512) 581-7186 | c: (512) 522-9174 | f: (512) 581-7187