ELGIN LIVESTOCK SHOW ENTRY REMINDERS (DUE 11/01/21)
We wanted to send out a couple of reminders for the Elgin Livestock Show & Youth Fair - please pay particular attention to the Entry Forms - they are due Monday, November 1st, and may be postmarked on the day OR turned in at the Board meeting scheduled for 7:00 PM this Monday, November 1st, at the Elgin VFW.
Mellanie will be at the meeting in order to sign off on those who are entering and take pictures of show entries for eligibility. If you are entering under 4-H, Mellanie needs to sign your entry form, NOT your Club Leader.
Check out some of the other information available below and let us know if you have any questions!
2021-2022 SHOW BOARD & MEETING INFORMATION:
- ELECTED OFFICERS
- President: Patrick Maass
- Vice-President: Deborah Blackmore
- Secretary: Sarah Munzer
- Treasurer: Eric Fisher
- Note - cell numbers are being added to the website this week
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- MAILING ADDRESS:
- Elgin Livestock Show Association
- PO Box 1056
- Elgin, Texas 78621
- MEETING DATES:
- First Monday of each month at 7:00 PM at the Elgin VFW off of Hwy 95
- Next Meeting: Monday, November 1st
ENTRY FORMS - DUE MONDAY, 11/01/2021
- November 1, 2021 - Livestock & Youth Fair entry forms and fees are due to the show board
- January 7, 2021 - **TENTATIVE** Youth Fair Entry Check-in (in the AM, official time TBA)
- January 8, 2021 - **TENTATIVE** Livestock Show (official times TBA, based on number of entries)
LIVESTOCK SHOW & YOUTH FAIR UPDATES & OPPORTUNITIES:
- The Show Board is still in the process of updating their final 2021-2022 Rules; the 2020-2021 Rules are available on the website for reference with some of the changes noted (the dates will also be slightly different)
- Entry forms with payment will be due by November 1st, 2021 for both youth fair items and livestock. We are going to ask that 4-H members also email/send a copy of just the entry form to us at MLMickelson@ag.tamu.edu to help us coordinate eligibility.
- Entry Forms will be available at the next board meeting on Monday, October 4th, at 7:00 PM at the Elgin VFW
- Rules are available online at https://www.elginlivestockshowassociation.com/livestock-show-youth-fair
- All state validated animals are accepted; if an animal is not state validated, they must be validated by the show. (Rabbits and Poultry do not have a state validation)
- Other opportunities can be found on the County Calendar – registration information should be included for each post.
- Other Contest related opportunities can be found on the Judging Card Calendar – to sign up for these opportunities, please contact Mellanie at MLMickelson@ag.tamu.edu or at 512-581-7186
That's all for now! Have a great week and let us know if you have any questions!
Mellanie L. Mickelson
Bastrop County Extension Agent – 4-H & Youth Development
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services
P.O. Box 650 | 901 Pecan Street | Bastrop, TX 78602
p: (512) 581-7186 | c: (512) 522-9174 | f: (512) 581-7187