This letter has been sent blind copy to 4-H families enrolled in the 4-H Dog Care and Training Project. If you no longer wish to received Dog Project information, remove the project from your list in your 4-H Online profile.
Texas 4-H Dog Show will be held on July 9-10, 2021 at the Walker County Fairgrounds in Huntsville, Texas. To be eligible for this show, dogs must be validated by January 10, 2021 in 4-H Online. Included below are detailed written instructions. Misty Cathy has also created video instructions https://youtu.be/x5kaZ1Ou4-c if that is more convenient. 2021 Texas 4-H Dog Show Rule Book will be posted https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
As 4-H members complete their validation, here are some things to keep in mind:
- For purebred dogs (they do not have to be registered, just look purebred) you will select the correct Group and list the breed.
- For mixed breed dogs you will select the Weight Group of the dog and list the dominant breed along with the word “Mix” or list the two breeds if known. (Example: Border Collie Mix or Mastiff/Great Dane.)
- Photos of the left and right side of the dog should be a side view of the whole dog. Get on the dog’s level so they do not turn into top views. They should also be clear and light enough we can see all markings and color of the dog.
- None of the previously validated dogs carried over to 4-H Online. Everyone will need to complete the full online validation form and upload photos this year.
- We do encourage you to validate any dogs that you are eligible to show. Situations may change through the year.
You may have received this information from your County Extension Office or you may have seen it in the Texas 4-H Newsletter or on their Facebook page. DO NOT to wait until the last day to complete your validation. It will be difficult for your County Extension Office to help you at 4:45 p.m. on the last day. If you are having trouble with 4-H Online, contact your local County Extension office.
M. Michelle Mihalek, MEd
County Extension Agent - 4-H Youth Development
Montgomery County | Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
9020 Airport Rd. | Conroe, Texas 77303
P: (936) 539 – 7823 Ext. 3 | F: (936) 538-8199
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension provides equal opportunities in its programs and employment to all persons, regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The Texas A&M University System, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the County Commissioners Courts of Texas Cooperating