INFORMATION IN THIS EMAIL BLAST (IN ORDER)
- Major Show Updates
- Livestock Project Weigh Day
- Bastrop Area Livestock Show Reminders
- Smithville Livestock Show Reminders
- Other Opportunities
Howdy and Happy Friday, Y’all!
We wanted to pass on some quick updates for livestock exhibitors – we were hoping to have more information for you this week, but we are still confirming details with most of the major livestock shows. In the meantime, please remember that Ashley and I are happy to make arrangements to visit you and your livestock projects or answer any questions you have!
MAJOR SHOW UPDATES:
- Passes: We have not yet received any passes in the mail – we are expecting San Angelo’s to arrive this weekend
- Information/Reminder Emails: We are working on putting together our reminder emails to send to the exhibitors attending each show (San Angelo & San Antonio should go out Tuesday/Wednesday of next week) – this is a little delayed as we collect information on what passes we will receive at the office and what wristbands/passes will be included
- Eligibility letters: Eligibility letters have been arranged to go out about 2 weeks before the check in of each of your entries – these were based on the currently posted schedules and are being monitored for any updates
LIVESTOCK PROJECT WEIGH DAY:
- The next weigh day is scheduled for Saturday, January 23, 2021, from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM at the Bastrop Area Livestock Show Barn
- RSVP is required – if you are planning on weighing your animal, email or text Miss Mellanie (MLMickelson@ag.tamu.edu or 512-522-9174) or Miss Ashley (Ashley.Radde@ag.tamu.edu or 254-315-7420) by next Wednesday, January 20th. If we do not receive any RSVP’s we will cancel the weigh day.
BASTROP AREA LIVESTOCK SHOW REMINDERS:
- Reminder that the next Validation & Entry day is Thursday, February 4, from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM at the Bastrop Area Livestock Show Barn
- Validation night only for exhibitors who submitted Rabbit intent forms
- Western Art & Ag Mechanics entries are due with payment
- Families must attend and complete entries and payment for these species
- We are working on finalizing plant pick-up day/time
- The show board has extended the show schedule to accommodate several factors
- he show will be spread over February 28 – March 6, 2021
- the board is working on finalizing a letter to be mailed out to all exhibitors with the final details and confirmed schedule ASAP
SMITHVILLE LIVESTOCK SHOW REMINDER:
- Corrected: Reminder that the next Validation & Entry Night is Saturday, January 16 ,2021, from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM at the Smithville High School Ag Shop
- Entry and Validation for swine and ag mechanics
- Families must attend and complete entries and payment for these projects
- Remember to bring your rules acknowledgement form with you
- Future Important Dates & Reminders are available for download at https://bastrop.agrilife.org/files/2020/10/2021-Smithville-Livestock-Show-Important-Dates-Schedule.pdf
- Other Livestock related opportunities can be found on the County Calendar – registration information should be included for each post.
- Other Contest related opportunities can be found on the Judging Card Calendar – to sign up for these opportunities, please contact Mellanie at MLMickelson@ag.tamu.edu or at 512-581-7186
That is all for now! Please let us know if you need anything and have a safe and happy weekend!
Mellanie L. Mickelson
Bastrop County Extension Agent – 4-H & Youth Development
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services
P.O. Box 650 | 901 Pecan Street | Bastrop, TX 78602
p: (512) 581-7186 | c: (512) 522-9174 | f: (512) 581-7187