***The health of our 4-H members is of our upmost concern. As of right now, we are planning on moving forward with hosting District 10 Leadership Lab as planned. Due to the constantly changing COVID-19 regulations, we will not approve any Leadership Lab registrations until we are 100% sure that we will be holding the event. Please keep this in mind as registrations will remain “Pending at District” until we are approved to proceed.***
Quick Event Overview:Promotional information for the 2019 District 10 Leadership Lab has been released and will be posted on the District 10 Website starting May 1st!!
Our District 10 Leadership Lab will take place at the Texas 4-H Center in Brownwood, Texas from June 24-26, 2020. This event is the annual during which our youth elect their District 10 4-H Council Officers and participate in Leadership Workshops to take back new leadership skills to help their County and Clubs. All participants must be at least 13 years of age by the date of Leadership Lab.
The registration cost of $250 covers all meals and lodging except for lunch on Wednesday, June 24, and lunch on Friday, June 26. Bastrop County is working on find a way to assist with transportation and carpooling since it is a longer drive. A more detailed list of items to pack and items to leave behind will be emailed out to attendees at the beginning of June once registration closes.
If you are wanting to run for an officer position, please let Mellanie know at MLMickelson@ag.tamu.edu and be sure to register early. Mellanie will be following up with individuals to help them prepare for elections.
- One Page Event Overview (PDF)
- Registration is online via 4-H CONNECT
- Registration period: May 1-29, 2020
- Cost to attend: $250
- Additional Paperwork Requirement: Two (2) copies of the original health and release forms MUST be turned in to the Bastrop County Extension Office by May 30, 2020 with a copy of your insurance card - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- 1 copy will be mailed (certified & tracked) to the District 10 Office
- 1 copy will stay with Mellanie, the 4-H Agent, and will accompany the youth to camp.
Check out the following links for more information:
- District 10 4-H Leadership Lab Participant Information:
- District 10 4-H Council Officer Application & Election Information: