I wanted to send a friendly reminder that BALS validation and entry for Market Lambs, Breeding Swine, Market Swine, Market Goats, & Breeding Goats is scheduled for this Saturday, December 7, 2019, from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM at the Bastrop Show Barn.
Other Show Reminders:
Please remember that exhibitors and families need to read the rules and be aware of all rules and requirements. They are available online at http://counties.agrilife.org/bastrop/files/2019/08/2020-BALS-Rules.pdf
A few things to be aware of in preparation for the show:
- Exhibitors must complete quality counts and have the number for validation.
- Exhibitors must be passing all his/her classes according to UIL NO Pass-No Play guidelines.
- Exhibitors must be in good standing with 4-H in Bastrop County and have attended 5 of their regularly scheduled club meetings. For a new member in Bastrop County 4-H, they must attend at least 3 of the business meetings.
- Exhibitors must sign in on the official club sign in sheet at the meeting
- If an exhibitor misses more than half of the business meeting, the Club Manager(s) may mark out the name and place their initials by it to denote that the attendance does not count
- If an exhibitor misses a meeting due to a UIL or school sponsored activity, a letter from the school must be provided to the County Extension Agent to be deemed an excused absence.
Mellanie L. Mickelson
Bastrop County Extension Agent - 4-H & Youth Development
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services
P.O. Box 650 | 901 Pecan Street | Bastrop, TX 78602
p: (512) 581-7186 | c: (512) 522-9174 | f: (512) 581-7187
Website - https://bastrop.agrilife.org
Blog - www.bastrop4h.blogspot.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/BastropCounty4H