We wanted to send a couple of reminders about our upcoming Recordbook and Scholarship Workshops. Right now we only have 2 people signed up for each of them. I want to make sure everyone has everything they need to be successful this year!
Recordbook Workshop & Resources
- The new Recordbook resources have been published and are available online at https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/recordbooks/. There were no major updates to the format this year, other than the page allowances for the age groups.
- We will host a Recordbook Workshop from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (location TBD) on Monday, October 28, 2019 in order to talk about the recordbook and what to include in each section. Please RSVP online by Friday, October 25th at https://forms.gle/rNyjJ2GXPaJz8kjH8
- Mellanie is also working on setting up some online workshops to cover each section and how to format them on a monthly basis to help everyone work on each section throughout the year.
- What 4-H’ers to keep track of for Recordbooks:
- Their project goals
- Learning experiences related to each of their projects (individual study, workshops, classes, clinics, tours, etc)
- Leadership experiences (anything where they taught, led, or helped someone lead something – need a few to be related to their main projects. Can include helping pass out materials or setting up a 4-H meeting, club or county officer/ambassador positions, presenting on their projects, talking to new 4-H members, etc)
- Community Service experiences (anything where they helped with a community service project – focus needs to be on helping others. Can include Lone Star Cattlemen activities, Cattlemen for Cancer Research Activities, etc. Senior 4-H members (9th – 12th grades) need to try to help provide leadership in their clubs to some of these activities for recordbooks)
- Career Development – anything that helped you learn about what you would like to do as an adult (college tours, workshops, career classes, research, talking to counselor, etc)
Scholarship Workshop & Resources
- The Texas 4-H Foundation Scholarship information is expected to be released on November 1st to https://texas4hfoundation.org/what-we-do/.
- We will host a Scholarship Workshop from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM on Friday, November 15th (location TBD) geared toward Juniors and Graduating Seniors (sophomores are welcome). We will go over the Texas 4-H Foundation Applications in-depth section by section and talk about other scholarship opportunities and suggestions.
- Please RSVP online at by 11:59 PM on Sunday, November 10that https://forms.gle/2qbeFb9PshnevVyLA