Request for Applications (RFA)
We are inviting young people from across Texas to submit creative materials (videos, digital art, murals) to promote behaviors that can prevent the spread of COVID-19. Materials will be used by schools, health departments, and other community groups to promote COVID-19 protective behaviors. This contest is being hosted by the COVID-19 Communications Team within the Health Promotion/Behavioral Sciences Department at UTHealth School of Public Health in partnership with community organizations across Texas.
- Submissions must be created by student(s) and supported by an identified parent, adult mentor, or sponsor. Parent/Guardian permission and signature are required with submission.
- K through 12 students, student clubs, after-school programs, youth nonprofit organizations, school wellness teams, and other youth-based groups are encouraged to apply.
- Creative expression content can be in English or Spanish and may include translation into other languages.
- Submissions can be either as an individual or as a group of youth. If completed as a group, we need permission forms from all youth involved with the submission.
- Creative expression content needs to be authentic and original, or it will be excluded from the competition. We will review for authentication and use of other’s materials or ideas.
- Creative expression content should link directly to any of the four main COVID-19 prevention behaviors (mask wearing, handwashing, social distancing, not touching your face). However, simple, direct, and brief content/message (e.g., short videos) is encouraged
- Multiple submission are allowed!
APPLICATION PROCESS & KEY DATES
- Campaign Launch: Request for Applications (RFAs) will be sent on Friday, July 17th, 2020.
- Application Format: Applicants must submit the application from at https://sph.uth.edu/landing/covid-youth/.
- Due Date: Creative Expression Submissions are due Sunday, August 30, 2020.
- Awards: 1st - $300 Wal-mart e-gift card; 2nd - $100 Wal-Mart e-gift card; Honorable recognition - Submissions will be posted on UTSPH Facebook page.
- Notification of Awards: Participants will be notified of awards by September 30, 2020.
- If you have any questions, contact Jacob Szeszulski at Jacob.Szeszulski@uth.tmc.edu (preferred) or call 1-713-500-9679.