Application link: https://texas4-hyouthdevelopment.submittable.com/submit The application will activate on July 1. Applicants will need to create a simple profile on Submittable in order to complete the application.
As STEM Ambassadors, our mission is to educate communities about science, technology, engineering, and math opportunities; both inside and outside of 4-H, while learning essential skills in STEM, communication, and teamwork.
Eligibility for New Members
- Be in at least the 9th grade
- Be an active 4-H member or 4-H Adult volunteer for the 2019-2020 year, a former Tech Team member now in college, or Extension employee
- Complete and submit application by July 31, 2019
- Have a willingness to learn about STEM
- Be willing to work collaboratively on a team with other youth and adults
- Be responsive and engaged in team communications
- Share knowledge and skills with others
- Not serving on the 2020-21 Texas 4-H Council
Individuals must complete the online application, which includes the following sections:
- Overview and Expectations
- Personal Information
- Technology Access & Communication
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Experience and Future Areas of Interest
- Technology Experience Essay
- Personal Video Narrative*
- Letters of Recommendation**
- Acknowledgement and Agreement
* Youth applicants will need to record a personal 2-3 minute video reflecting “who you are and what you do”. The video must be uploaded on Submittable or published to YouTube and the link shared on the application.
** Youth applicants will need to secure two letters as part of the application.
- July 1 – Applications open
- July 31 – Applications close (no extensions or exceptions will be made)
- August 1-29 – Submitted applications will be reviewed
- August 30 – Applicants will be notified of acceptance
- October 9-11 – Required training for new and returning members (dependent upon COVID-19 guidelines)
- April 16-18 – Required training (dependent upon COVID-19 guidelines)